Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Mrs. Pundt Visits

While I was out teaching new teachers in our school district today, the students had a fun-filled packed day with their substitute, Mrs. Hofer. Mrs. Pundt, our school counselor, visited and did her monthly lesson. She focused on respect. I heard the students had a lot of fun doing a song and dance about following directions.

In science today, the students discussed what is made out of wood and what is not made of wood. They placed little green papers around the room on objects that they thought were made of wood. Even though they cleaned up, I'm sure we'll be coming across many green rectangles while we are doing other things in our room. The students also recorded what they thought on a recording sheet, which they put inside their Science Notebooks.

I'll be sending home reminders on Wednesday as to when we will be meeting for our Fall Parent/Teacher Conference. I look forward to meeting with each of you!

No comments: