Sunday, May 13, 2007

Scholastic Contest



In April, I entered a Scholastic contest from the Math & Science Book Order catalogue. It asked teachers to share how they get their students motivated and excited to enter their school's science fair. I wrote about how we do "Scientist of the Week." I also shared some of the read aloud books that we read this year that have to do with science. (For example- "Franny K. Stein Mad Scientist" and "Andrew Lost.") Well, I recently found out that I was one of 25 teachers in the country who won the contest. I won one of every item in the Math & Science Book Order form. I also won a little something for the students, too, but they'll have to wait until the end of the year to find out what. The boxes of goodies started to come it. Here are pictures of us with all of the items!

No comments: